Wednesday, August 15, 2007

picture this

life has been too full to find time to chronicle other than by camera. I am falling more and more in love with taking pictures even going so far as to take multiple pictures of people (gasp). I am finding that the more I take pictures the more I find little tricks to overcome my camera's shortcomings. I don't know what I would do with a camera that didn't need compensation in one way or another. Interesting thought. It would leave little room for improvement. It is like when I think of how I would like to be rich. Yet at the same time I find certain zest in being flexible and living around shortcomings.

One sad thought is how the summer is coming to a close. I will enjoy the fall also but this has been a wonderful summer. As we were leaving the English conversation group, we noticed that the sky was dark and just from the sun having set, not from any particularly dark clouds. I must say, though, that it put a bit of a dark cloud on our discussion.

Ah, but life moves on. Which happy fact is the moving force behind my newly-found unhappiness with the upcoming school year. I will graduate from my program this year (all things being equal) and I will subsequently have to decide what to do with my life. Well, I know I don't have to plan out my whole future but even the fact that I have to come up with something to occupy myself for at least another year or two (it would be nice to find something for a longer period of time, too) is to be dreaded. I hate making decisions. Ah well, I hear they come up sometimes in life.

No comments: