Thursday, January 31, 2008

my evening

I have been living a rather retired existence for the past few weeks. Emerging from the house to do my duty (and occasional pleasure) as a student most days but spending most of the rest of the time alone. Through this time I have been fairly good at keeping up the appearance of both myself and the house. Today on arriving home from class I decided to do a bit more thorough cleaning and get some laundry done (I was running out of clothes) so I changed into an old pair of pj pants and a tee shirt and got the laundry started and cleaned out the nasties in the fridge (resulting in hands that stink of mouldy cheese. Mmm.) consolidating all the containers by the sink so I could wash them later. I just sat down to the computer to get some homework done when my Aunt and Uncle arrived. Apparently another Uncle and Aunt were stopping by to drop off a new purchase later on. The first pair leave and I have time to turn back to resume working when the second pair arrive.
I am not concerned what my relatives think on finding me doing homework in pjs with different piles of stuff around the house waiting to be cleaned up but the point is that, although this is quite acceptable and understandable behaviour, it is not what I generally engage in. Had they arrived any other night they would have found the aspect much more presentable. I'm glad it was nothing embarrassing but I think it just goes to show how people will always show up when one is at one's worst.

No comments: