Saturday, February 11, 2012

A cup of muffin

I had a bit of banana-chocolate-chip muffin batter left over after filling tins and trays and was debating how best to bake that quantity (not enough for a loaf pan, too much time/effort involved in waiting for the muffins to bake and cool to re-use the tin) when what to my wondering eyes should appear but the already flour-dusted one-cup metal measuring cup. It worked exactly as I had hoped and turned out a beautiful shape and size (not to mention how cute it looks in the cup). A visiting friend suggested a series of muffins in various size cups would be even better. I think it'll have to happen next baking session whether there is left-over batter to use or not!
Looking at these pictures now I realize that I should have taken them with the regular-sized muffins in view for a better perspective of the scale. Unfortunately the cup of muffin is no longer with us (well, it is still with me in the sense of becoming part of who I am after I devoured it... with ice cream) so you will have to imagine the scale guided by your no doubt extensive experience of a standard one-cup measurement.

No comments: