Thursday, February 13, 2014

From the top

Oy, I should be heading to bed now but this evening I just need some time to myself while the boys sleep to unwind. I think we're all on the edge of getting a cold and as I set aside a decent chunk of the afternoon to work on setting up our budget in a completely new way (not that the old way didn't work but that this might help us be more detailed in certain areas), I also spent that time simply reacting to the boys' boisterous behaviour when it broke in on my concentration rather than bringing them outside or otherwise directing the energy before it got out of hand. So I am a little more ragged after today (and after the craziness since the beginning of this year, but I think I'll talk about that another time) than usual. Which brings me back to the need to go to bed... Phew, I think I'm ready now. Just writing this short blurb out has given me a bit more perspective and, to top it off, here's a picture that literally does just that, too.

No comments: