Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Ten-year reunion

at Augustine College
It was good to be able to catch up with what other graduates are doing. It was also good to meet some from other years and compare notes.

The whole weekend was great but my highlight was New Years Day after everyone else had gone home: a few of us lazed the afternoon/evening away consuming countless cups of tea and crunching countless cookies while discussing cabbages and kings. It was a luxury I had forgotten about while away from Augustine. I seem also to have forgotten the copious amounts of work that balanced out the few lazy days but such is the golden glow of memory. I am happy that while things change every year (especially with the student body ever changing), some things remain the same and it is these essentials that mean so much.

So one more resolution to tack on the list will be to spend more time at Augustinian events (and non-events). We'll see how that one pans out once work is factored into the equation but I know that if I put forth any effort in this area I will be richly rewarded so hopefully that is enough incentive to keep this resolution.

No comments: