Monday, April 23, 2007

Nostalgia

It is true that you can never go back. Life changes; you change, the people and places around you change. But occasionally there are opportunities to return to where you were before. I worked at a Standarbred training barn for five years during highschool. When I went off to College and University I had to stop my job. It was hard to go. But this past month I've been able to go back once every week or two and help out again. In a way things are different. Some of the changes are good, some sad (not being as fit as I used to be is only one of them). But in a way noting seems to have changed. At least not at the heart of what mattered. Maybe the towels are put away in a different spot but Ron is still Ron and things are really much the same as they ever were. I don't know how much more I'll be able to work there after this week but I am very thankful for the opportunity to go back. I feel like I'm fifteen again!

No comments: