Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Compostable Clothing

What with the dryer sending out enough sparks for it to be deemed broken and my ever-present laziness combined with the poor weather outside these past few days, I am almost out of clean clothes. But with necessity as the mother of invention, I have thought of a great idea: one use, compostable clothing. These items would need to be strong enough to hold up in a rainstorm or worse, of course, but would easily break down once disposed of. It would be the equivalent of paper plates in the clothing aisle. One would not necessarily use them with any exclusivity. Some may stock a bunch as a back-up when situations (such as the one I am in at present) present themselves. Some may supplement their usual clothing habits with the occasional freebie. It would remove the problem of loaning one's clothing and never getting it back: there is no need to return such an item. The list seems to go on and on. I think I have hit some great idea.



But since technology has not been able to keep up to my lightning-quick smarts and there are no compostable clothes in my drawers at the moment (along with all the other really good things that are not in my drawers) I shall have to hope for some good weather so I can hang some of this laundry to dry outside.


These pictures were taken last year towards the end of March (just a few days earlier than it is now) and there was no snow around. Not only was there no snow, the grass has the first tinges of green and I have been wearing tanktops and t-shirts in nice spring colours. I have a feeling that this will be a late spring.

No comments: