Thursday, January 27, 2011

Furniture

We just got a futon bringing our living room comfortable seating number up to five (or a bit squishy six). Things are certainly shaping up here. I keep thinking we've been living in a messy place for quite some time but it's just coming up to two months. Also there really isn't much room for storage so everything is out until we find (or make) a place for it. It's getting there. Definitely not all the way yet but most steps are in positive directions. At least now I don't feel badly when we have people over. Talking to a friend who has been meaning to visit but hasn't been able to yet I just assure her that it's not a problem and that the longer the visit is put off the nicer our place will be...

The little guy is napping on the armchair beside me and just laughed in his sleep. When you're that small, almost everything you do is SO cute. It's a crazy feeling. I'm trying to make myself lay him down sometimes when he's sleeping during the day and at times before he falls asleep so he learns how to put himself to sleep. It's harder than it looks. I often wonder if it's the parents or the kids that are the bigger culprits when the clingy-ness becomes a problem later on. Will there come a time when I don't want to hold him any more? Okay, I have reached that point when he has been fussy for several hours and will not sleep but it has more to do with being tired of the fussiness--I probably wouldn't have a problem with still holding him afterwards. I think it's true that parenthood is just another word for crazy. Crazy good and just plain crazy. I remember a time when my mind wasn't completely filled with the magnificent mundane. Baby brain. Is it a bad thing, though?

No comments: