Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Food!



The little guy was weighed at his Doctor's appointment yesterday. We had weighed him at home a few weeks ago and he was just under seventeen pounds. I figured he was around eighteen now so I was surprised to hear he was nineteen-and-a-half! I'm just glad his car-seat is rated to 32lbs rather than the standard 21. He is growing so quickly and is quite interested in food. I had given him some rice cereal several days in a row last week but it looked like he had a tiny rash on his cheeks after eating it once or twice so I decided to leave off for a little while and try again in a bit. This weekend, however, one of my family members gave him some honeydew melon. He made a face at first but then worked away at the chunk until he had reduced it to mush (pretty good for having no teeth yet). They then gave him something else but there was no face this time. The next day I let him hold and try out raw broccoli and cauliflower and he was quite interested in those veggies too (no face this time either even though they have quite the strong flavour). He is definitely aware of what food is and is quite interested watching us eat various things. He also wants to sample our drinks but we still just give him sips of his own water so far. It's been interesting and I'm happy that he's eager to try new things. Hopefully he keeps this attitude throughout life but we'll see.

No comments: