Thursday, April 14, 2011

Through generations

It has been interesting unpacking things that have been packed away for years from when James stored his things at his aunt's place. Porcelain eggs he made and decorated as a child, old photos, and an extensive stamp and coin collection among other things. One of the more interesting discoveries, in my opinion, was a small New Testament/Psalms book inscribed with his father's name (mid last-century) and a confirmation class help and guide book given to his Grandfather in the 1930s. I love books, I love old books and I love the Bible but what makes these particular unassuming old books extra-special in my eyes is the heritage they represent. It has been passed down from generation to generation. I know we have no say ultimately as to how successfully it will be passed down but my hope is that I do my best to keep them going strong.

No comments: