Saturday, August 11, 2012

Family

I grew up in an awesome, wonderful, far-from-perfect, loving, big, supportive, mostly happy family and extended family. We're hopefully going to spend the day with them today (partially weather-permitting) and I can't wait to get back to the sanity (okay, maybe insanity) of it all. I'm feeling nostalgic for the time when I didn't know that family could mean anything else but love. I now know that a family like mine is an extremely rare thing and I mean to cherish it and try to ensure that the family I have a part in making is both a part of it and modelled from it.
This is the first picture we have of the newest bump. We had the second ultrasound this week and thankfully everything looks fine so that's great! With some of the stress lately we were a little worried but looks like he's a strong one.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Janice -- I know what you mean when you speak of the blessing of a loving family. I thank God often (but not enough!) for my family and hope to extend that blessing to my children.

That bump is looking beautiful -- I'm happy to hear about *his* (general or specific he?) strength :) I'm sorry for any stress you're going through and hope that the rest of your pregnancy is overflowing with the peace and joy of Christ.

Love,
V

Janice said...

That's it exactly! Isn't is amazing how your perspective can change so much (or, at least, you come to appreciate it more) once you become responsible for a new generation and for trying to raise children to become contributing members in the blessing of a godly family. It's so very humbling.

Yes, it is now confirmed to be a specific 'he' :) I think it'll be great to have two boys to grow up together! Thank you so much for your love and encouragement.