Sunday, December 08, 2013

Peaceful storms

It's strange that, although various large tracts of our lives are in almost complete upheaval, recently I've been feeling a deep sense of peace with my three men. I don't know if it's just me being an ostrich with her head in the sand but I picture our family in an igloo (not sure why not a house but that's the image I constantly project) with a blizzard outside but it's quiet and warm where we are. I'm going to try not to be completely corny in this post but lines like "all you need is love" actually seem to apply in weird ways. There are circumstances that I would think would make me worried or upset but I'm not. I love my husband and boys, they love me and whatever happens around and to us won't change that at least. I guess you never appreciate the peace that passes understanding until you're in a tumultuous situation. As James remarked to me just now, "our circumstances may not be the best but I feel like we're living in a fairy-tale." It's a strange juxtaposition but one that I really seem to be okay with. We'll see what the storm brings but for now we're sitting cozy.

No comments: