Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Walter update

For some crazy reason,I haven't posted nearly as many updates of my poor neglected second child's milestones as I did for my first's first years. Poor guy. So here's a quick post about what my little man has been up to recently. He has always been talkative and I have started a list of all the words that he uses consistently and fairly clearly. It includes: Dada, Mama, up, out[side], light, bob[c]at, cat, puff (puffed wheat is a popular snack), that, horse, hot, bath, hat, and yes (this last really surprised me but is pronounced quite clearly - including the 's' - and is used at appropriate times). He has become somewhat clingy at times this month and seems to think that I have nothing better to do than hold him all day ever since I did hold him all day when we were sick. He is quite good at voicing his wishes and has been known to stick out his bottom lip in protest on occasion. But when he is sunny he is super sunny! He is fairly good at mimicking many things even down to the slight gesture of rubbing the tips of his fingers together to call the cats over (I can't think of how better to describe it). I feel as though he has learned to be gentle with the cats at a younger age than Logan. He is super snuggly and would willingly go back and forth between James and me giving squishy hugs all day long. While hugging he also tends to pat the recipient. When he has done something we've asked (such as delivering an item to one of us) he will grin (perhaps strut a little) and pat himself on the chest with both hands. He loves to be held upside-down and if you unwittingly start this type of game, I can assure you that you will tire much sooner than he! He loves books and will spend quite a bit of time turning the pages and singing to himself. I can't believe he's already over a year old! He is such a character and we love him so much. It's hard to imagine our family without his personality. We are so blessed!

No comments: