Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Kittens

There are several things that have been a big part of the past few weeks that I was thinking of writing about but with all of us down with a cold today I think I'll take the easiest one and leave the others for later. As mentioned in the last post, we recently got a kitten. What I didn't mention was that at that point we were deciding if we should get his sister, too. Well, we did! Because their birthday is on Victoria Day I was thinking of various Victorian brother/sister appropriate names. Queen Victoria had no full brothers and to call him Albert would be a little strange. Then I thought of things pertaining to the era but we finally decided to call him Tetley. James only drinks Tetley tea and the kitten has something of a tea-coloured pelt. Then, naturally, with the sister's coat resembling masala chai I thought Chai would be a good name for her. Of course, Logan tends to call them 'Catley' and 'Si' for now but I think the names fit them perfectly. And, really, tea is fairly Victorian in nature so we even included that parameter. They are great friends and companions. They cuddle and curl up together, and the play and play and play together. I'm thankful we got both because even with both boys involved and interested I don't think we could have kept up with just how much they love to play. With them being full-time companions and play-mates, the energy they have left seems to be about perfect for what we can handle!

No comments: