Thursday, July 12, 2007

Sparky



I received an e-mail today informing me that my dog is to be put down. The appointment is set for a few minutes from now. By the time I post this she will have breathed her last. She lived a good life and was happy. She was the nicest dog I've ever met. She was my Sparky-dog that went with me on all my adventures, walks, patiently waited while I practiced taking pictures with her as my model, came along and waited in the cold while I visited or babysat at neighbours' houses. The list goes on. She was my first dog and no other dog will hold that place. We got another dog a couple years ago and I am glad that we did it that way so that there is no way of thinking of Shasta as Sparky's replacement. They both have their own places in our household and hearts.

Well this is not very well written and more than a composition is a set of thoughts and feelings I have about my old pup. It was good to write them out.

No comments: