Tuesday, July 10, 2007

wired for sound

My Uncle came over yesterday and hooked up he wireless router to our internet. What this means for me practically is that I now have the power to access the internet on my laptop while in my room downstairs. This may not sound that exiting but for me it's a pretty big deal. On days that I am not working I think that it is going to be hard for me to emerge from the basement at all. Now that Gma is back from her rambles I suppose that I shall be called up to be fed (could I call it 'fed up'?) on a fairly regular basis so that is good but this convenience is addictive.

I know there are many out there who have had the same convenience of internet in their room (or all over their house) for ages now but I am not what you would call on the cuting edge of this techshmology stuff.

I am looking forward to the fact that when it comes time to write more papers (I actually don't really want to think of that at this time of year) I can stay up as late as I like without inconveniencing Gma (the computer room is next to her bedroom). Endless possibilities in the procrastination line open before me...

Yes. Well I introduced the topic in passing before but will now deal with it as the subject of this paragraph (or perhaps two), Gma is home from her travels. She arrived at the bus station last night so I went to pick her up. She has been gone for a few weeks and living here by myself with full use of the car has been another of those unfamiliar conveniences/treats. Unfortunatly this is one that only lasts a little while. Not that I dislike it when Gma is around, it's just that it's easier for me to live by myself than to think of someone else. I like my space and it's easier to be selfish. Not as companionable, though. But at the same time I've had quite a bit of companionship with friends and fun so didn't miss the homey type.

It sounds as though she and her sisters had a ball while away so I feel better about having fun here! When I grow old I want to be the type of old lady who, when pulled over for speeding, doesn't get a ticket since she's so delightful... Ahh I'l travel in style like Gma and her sisters then...

No comments: