Friday, December 07, 2007

I'm done like fried bacon!

I just don't smell as nice.

Nnow that I have a wealth of time to reflect on what I just passed through, here are a couple reflections on essay-writing:

I didn't think that I would ever admit to this but here it is: by the time I got into the groove of writing (and once my beloved internet was taken away from me) I actually found myself enjoying writing my essays. This is slightly comforting in light of possible theses concerning Masters programs and other such daunting stuff.

That brings up another thought: it is nice to be able to use words like 'thing' and 'stuff' now that I don't have to define and lay out logical arguments. Ah the bliss of ambiguosity (I don't care if that's a word or not).

My one regret is that I would have wished to have had the time to look over my papers before handing them in but I have lived without that luxury for quite some time now and suppose it'll be okay. It's one of those things that I have to think about the balance: will spending a bit of extra time on one aspect help the fiinished project to the same extent as spending that same time on another aspect? It's a different kind of thrift.

No comments: