Saturday, February 09, 2008

my major

Music or English Lit?
I spent last evening talking music with a couple music majors and other music lovers and found myself wishing that I had become a music major. On reflection, however, I am happy that I decided to follow English and keep music as a hobby. It is a hard decision what we want to do in life. Who knows, I may have been able to go through for performance and make music my life but I didn't. I love being able to have music always there to go to. It's my retreat when other things just get to be too much. I don't know but that if I had it as my central activity I would not look at it the same way. In the way that I have occasonally found that books I liked previously were occasionally ruined by studying them in class. Now this isn't always the case so perhaps I would find a deeper connection with my music than I have now.
I don't know. All I know is that I didn't chose that path but I am happy that I am able to dabble in music still. On the side is better than not at all.

No comments: