Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Pony

Oh my!

"Every child should have a pony"
So began one of my favourite books as a child. It is a simple story about how a mother got a pony for her children one Christmas. I didn't quite know why I liked it so much but for several years in the week before Christmas I imposed upon myself the tradition of reading one chapter a day leading up to Christmas. Well now our little guy has his own first 'pony' and seems to enjoy it quite a bit. When you squeeze the ears of this pony it dexterously will make trotting noises and sinisterly will sing a la-de-de-da song (very sinisterly when you begin to realize that the song is then stuck in your head the rest of the day). In general I have been trying to keep a limit on the toys that we acquire for him but for some reason I had a hard time saying no to this one :)

No comments: