Friday, March 13, 2015

Snuffle bug

It can be difficult to get a picture of our baby without her doting older brother being in the frame, too. Not that I'm complaining! He is so much more careful and considerate than I had imagined he would be. Having another happy baby is such a blessing! In fact, with her I often think of Mr Darcy's criticism of Jane being applicable: "she smiles too much". Except a baby can never smile too much! I don't have too many pictures of her smiles because they are fleeting and often happen when I don't have a camera on hand but she has smiled several times a day starting from about the second day. Often it's as she's falling asleep after a feeding but also happens occasionally when Daddy talks to her. And this is her first outfit (clothes aside from sleepers). Her umbilical took a little longer to come off than the boys' did but finally it's healed up nicely. And we've already started finding out that she's outgrown (or never would have fit) some of her clothes. The sleeves of this top are a little short but I just love the "sniff sniff" picture for newborns because so much of what they say seems like snuffling (especially when they're ready to eat). Oh, I guess last Sunday she wore a dress but I just slipped it over her sleeper so I didn't count it as an outfit. And even it was small enough that I couldn't do up the buttons. She seems too tiny to be too big for clothes already! But I have noticed she's getting bigger and just starting to chub up in some spots.

No comments: