Friday, June 23, 2006

A few of my favourite things

There are two things I delight in, yea, even three: a wonderful (k)night, a pleasant walk, and a comfortable chat.

God is so good
God is so good
God is so good,
He's so good to me!

It's a simple song that I learned in the time before I can remember how old I was and yet it sums up much of what I've been meditating on lately.

I've discovered that my moods (although certain factors can affect their rise or fall) are pretty much up to me to determine. I can let myself slip into the mopes or I can will myself out of them.

One approach to willing out the mopes that I have been trying recently is to count my blessings. I have more than I can count and beyond that more than I know. Psalm 103 is a good one for this topic.

How can I be sad when I have so much?
Bless the LORD, o my soul. God is so good!

No comments: