Saturday, August 12, 2006

blessings

This photo may not mean much to some people but there are hidden points in it that represent for me some of the many blessings that I have been showered with in my life.

First, merely materially, the jacket and purse are accessories that I am quite able to do without (I held out long enough until I found just the right one of each that I know this to be true) yet I really enjoy them (because I did get just the right ones) and they bring me joy in their way.
Second, the tiny flowers tucked in to both the purse & the coat (pocket & button hole) remind me of both how God has blessed us with flowers (what would this world be like without flowers?!) and has blessed me with someone to bring flowers to me!
Third, the sunshine reminds me of what beautiful weather we often have here in Ontario.
Fourth, the location (a lookout on the Elora Gorge) reminds me of the day we had fun exploring & admiring the beauty of the Gorge.

These points don't even scratch the surface of many other areas in which I have been blessed: living in Canada, having access to an education, being rasied in a loving, Christian home, having a sound mind in a sound body and others beyond what we ask or think.

We memorized Psalm 103 in our church this past Spring and the first two verses often come to mind when I start to think along these lines:
Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits.
Pslam 103:1,2

No comments: