Tuesday, September 11, 2007

book list

I have revised the list of books on the sidebar to reflect those assigned for this term (rather than talk about those from last term). There are quite a few (and the list doesn't include the various textbooks and assorted supplimentary readings also assigned). I am so thankful that I have already read about half (and studied a few) of the novels on that list and I am hoping those I have not read are the shorter ones...
For whatever posterity this blog may have/create I shall write out the list again in this post (since the sidebar may change but the post stands forever).
Beowulf (comparing two translations)
Oliver Twist (Dickens)
Jane Eyre (C. Bronte)
Mary Barton (Gaskell)
The Moonstone (W. Collins)
The Picture of Dorian Gray (Wilde)
Oroonoko (Behn)
Robinson Crusoe (Defoe)
The Female American (Unka Eliza Winkfield)
The Expedition of Humphry Clinker (Smollett)
The Missionary (Sydney Owenson)
The Interesting Narrative of the Life of Olaudah Equiano (O. Equiano)
Mansfield Park (Austen)

No comments: