Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Fall potporri


So the blog is, for the first time, brown. I am a few days late in changing the template but just havn't been around to do the neccessary couple clicks. I must say that I have been fairly pleased with the simplicity and ease with which I was able to perform this action. There is something to be said for letting someone else set things up. At the same time it means that one has to limit one's self to whatever the creator deems right. But I am not complaining. To me the trade-off is worth it on my end since I have neither the time nor know-how to try to make my own template (let along blog).

I have recently had some of my photos sent from yahoo pictures to flikr and so am just beginning to explore that place. Depending on how easy it is to upload and play around with I am considering uploading all my pictures there. I have been a little nervous from the fact that most of my pictures are only to be found on this laptop. I start to wonder what happens if anything happens to this laptop. The whole idea of the internet started from ideas like mine. If I upload them, then no matter what happens to my physical computer I should be able to have them still. That is, as long as everything doesn't crash...

I printed off a bunch of pictures a few days ago and am really happy that I decided to do that since there really is a difference to having a physical print from having a picture on the computer. Each actually has its advantages but I like to be able to have the best of both worlds I guess!

On a sad note I just got a phonecall from Mom to tell me that my second dog, Shasta, who ran away in a recent thunderstorm was found in a nearby ditch--hit by a car. It is almost bizzare how we just lost Sparky and now Shasta. Almost doubly hard to take. And she was in her prime.



But not to leave on that note, we have been having unseasonably warm weather lately (I think we're breaking records) and it is up to 30 (celcius) around here today! Something I've never had the opportunity to experience before is shuffling through the dead leaves at the side of the road in flip-flops! It adds a whole new dimesion to the experience.

No comments: