Monday, October 08, 2007

cosy


I went home this weekend. I do this most weekends but this was the first that the weather made it a cosy time. I woke to the smell of wood smoke (something I detested when I was younger when it would invade my room and give me a dry throat in the morning) and to drizzly weather one morning and one evening I partook of one of Mom's typical winter meals. I can't even remember what it was but I do remember it was warm and comforting and brought me right back to grade-school.

Each season has its own set of special sensations but one that I particularly associate with Autumn is cosiness. So while the weather outside is miserable (but not quite yet the 'frightful' of the song) I relish the thought of being able to stay indoors and read or bake or do all manner of things.

I also took the opportunity to go outside and get a little wet in search of some beautiful photos. It's been scotch misting around here and the fine water droplets really look beautiful when they cling to the leaves.



No comments: