Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Molesworth


A good friend loaned me The Compleet Molesworth and I am hooked. This is not exactly a good position to be in since I have quite a stack of reading assigned from my classes that are being neglected slightly as a result. But I chalk it up to the need for some recreational reading. It also gives me a wider cultural base from which to derive my context of the culture about which I am reading. Or so I tell myself. Whatever excuse I may give I am being highly entertained with this 'journal' of a schoolboy. I wish I could include the pictures that go with the quotes here but you'll have to take my word that they are hilarious and add another dimention to the text. But even without that added advantage I think I shall quote a section or two here to give a delightful taste of what I am feasting on.
Literary Corner
A Book for the hols. 'Rob Roy' by Charles Dickens.
(Grabber & Grabber 6s.)

To judge from the first page which i happened to see by mistake this is something about a small boy who had to climb chimneys. Acktually i would hav thort this was quite super as you get black but this one seemed to be rather sorry for himself. On page 5 there is a pressed leaf and on page 77 some orange juice i spilt while the book was acting as part of a fort. There seemed to be something about some water babies or something soppy but i don't really kno. i suppose he must hav climbed the chimney to rob roy but this is only a guess.

No comments: