Friday, March 13, 2009

Canlit

I just finished reading Settlers of the Marsh and have decided that I should give Canlit a second chance so have determined that for the next little while a portion of my reading should be dedicated to this category. I've started MacLennan's Two Solitudes and am appreciating many things about it. I do remember enjoying Barometer Rising when I read it and am finding more periperal things to enjoy about this one although I find it has less direction and tension towards action (or at least from what I can remember in comparison to the other) but tension and action do not seem to be of much importance in this book. I could be wrong but so far not much has really happened that one might call exciting. I am enjoying it none the less and would like to post more once I have more on which to post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How was "Barometer Rising"?, I wanted to read that.

Janice said...

I read "Barometer Rising" a few years ago and, although I cannot remember many of the details of it or exactly why I liked it, I do remember that I liked it. Thinking about it now, I like McLennan's writing in general and I remember being impressed with that book in particular because of how well it was crafted and the way that all the motion within seems to be tensed, waiting for the breaking point. It is a good book. I have no idea what your taste in books is but I still feel confident in saying that I think you should read it.