Friday, March 06, 2009

Too Late

I began the day yesterday with another skate on the canal. Once again I brought my camera and, once again, I ignored the opportunity to document another beautiful morning preferring to experience the full enjoyment of the time first-hand rather than to sacrifice part of it for future enjoyment. Little did I know, however, that that was to be the last of such skates this year. Later on in the day my skating buddy informed me that the canal was scheduled to close down for the year that very night. I am very thankful that I was able to enjoy my skate that morning and that we were able to go for a farewell skate that night (both highly enjoyable in different ways) but it is sad that I shall not be able to post any pictures from the canal this year. Life is so transient. It's a reminder to me not to pass up opportunities too readily. Carpe diem!

No comments: