Thursday, March 12, 2009

saving music

I do like people in general and the students in particular but there are certain times when it is such a relief to get to the point in the day when they have all gone or retreated to their rooms and left this house to silence and to me.

Or not always silence: tonight Em and I are listening through Raising Sand, an album by Robert Plant and Allison Krauss. I am really enjoying it; it's the best music I've come across in a while. I like the balance between heavy and light with their two voices. I love the banjo, the bass... There are other good things about it but I think I'll refrain from displaying my inadequacy in matters of description by simply telling anyone interested that they should check it out for themselves. It's a great way to finish off a people-filled day. Or any other type of day. And I should probably add that it's effectiveness likely isn't limited to the end of the day; I'm sure that it would be great to listen to at the beginning or the middle or any other increment between the two extremes of any day. Good stuff.

No comments: