Monday, March 07, 2011

Don't blink



My little guy is growing up so quickly. I am so thankful I can stay at home and spend every minute with him. Everyone says it goes by in a flash and I try constantly to keep this in mind but even despite this mindfulness and a deliberate attempt to cherish each moment, it is going by faster than I would wish at times. This in no way means that I don't want my boy to grow and develop and that I am not excited about each new stage or accomplishment but rather that I'm sad to see some things go.



He now wiggles and tries to creep around when placed on his stomach and is enjoying being upright in the jolly-jumper. I know he'll want to be motoring around before I have time to turn around (or, as I coined the other day: "in three snaps of a onesie"). He's also chewing on everything he can get his hands (and consequently, his mouth) on so perhaps teeth are somewhere around the corner for us too. Life's a blur and so wonderful. It isn't that I question what I did before having a baby but I know I would be at a loss without him now. It can be embarrassing how little attention I tend to pay to anything else. But hopefully this one-track mind can be said to go with baby territory and I don't continue as a clingy, possessive mother when he starts to grow a little more independent. But surely there'll be time to adjust before we get to that point... won't there?

No comments: