Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Toes and snows



Yesterday was a snow day around here. Unlike most people's snow days, for us it meant that James had to leave us for a whole day of plowing. He has been away again for much of today. This episode has really reminded me of how blessed we have been this year that so many of the predicted storms never materialized. Aside from small duties a few days a week James has been able to be home with us most of the winter. We have been able to watch together each step as Logan has grown and developed, we have been able to share responsibilities and grow as a family.



Yesterday while his Daddy was away Logan discovered his toes. I quickly grabbed the camera to document this momentous occasion and got some (okay, quite a few) adorable pictures and was able to show them to James when he got back in but I was sad that James had to miss that milestone (however minor). However, as mentioned already, he has been around so much more than we had hoped that I really have little to complain about.



Also it's always interesting to see how things go without the extra help. Logi B and I had a fun, fairly quiet day. He took long naps and I was able to sort things out a bit more in his room and get some of our boxes out of there in preparation of setting up a crib. So far he's sleeping in a bassinet in our room but he's getting too large for it and although I wish he could stay in our room longer we're going to have to move him out. I am excited, however, about setting up his room and already things are coming together. Here's a part-picture of his own little bookcase with his own little books. The bookcase is what you see first when you look down the hall and it's one of those things that makes me happy every time I look at it! Now just over half of the room is also on the list of happy-making sights. We're still living in a bit of chaos but more and more this apartment is becoming the home I love to be in.

No comments: