Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Twenty-Two Months

I just realized that Logan is twenty-two months old today. I suppose we're closer to the point of counting his age by years and half-years (and almosts and just-overs) rather than months (or weeks, or days) now. Also with being pregnant again I have enough numbers to try to keep in mind. Although sometimes going roughly by trimesters or simply giving the due date will satisfy my interlocutor. I was just thinking the other day of various things I am enjoying about this stage and how I love getting to know his personality more day by day. I realized it's been a little while since I have listed some of the things that I love about him that seem to be particular to this stage. So here is a bit of a list of things precious to me about my little Logi-bear
I love how he tilts his head to the side and nods (not to mention the little hand-gestures that go along with it and the earnest facial expressions) as he is trying to explain something to you or show you that he understands what you are explaining to him. I love how he loves to give squishy-hugs. I love how he truly wants to help. I love how he goes through complicated stories about feeding ducks or fishing or anything that may have happened recently. I love how he is a little shadow for his daddy. I love how they tell stories together. I love how he loves his books (starting all by himself into picture books with stories rather than just board books). I love how he is careful about most things and gentle with very little reminders. I love how he is getting to be so good with the cats. I love how he wants to cuddle when he wakes up every morning. I love how he talks to people on the phone (and just about melted completely when I was away and got to talk to him on the phone myself). I love how he voluntarily shares a bit of what he's eating most of the time. I love how he seems to understand (as far as he is able, I'm sure) about his baby brother. I love how he'll come over and touch my belly to see if he can feel the baby (and shrug if he doesn't feel anything). I love that he plays well with most other children. I love how he goes running for a hug as soon as daddy is home. I love how explaining the 'why' of the matter is usually what it takes for him to avoid most bad behaviour. I love how he still enjoys his blankies. I love how well he goes to bed. I love how he has favourite toys (but not to the point where he has a fit if one is lost). I love how he tries to fix everything. I love how he builds things with blocks and how he is role-playing much more now with various toys. He is just so precious and I love who he is at this very moment.
A tiny taste of the head-tilt...

No comments: