Thursday, November 29, 2007

O Bellicosity of mine, why hast thou no tangible object?

I was having a great day, many things were going my way or at least were not going against me. I had breakfast with Ness, I finished my Beowulf paper (quite pleased with how it turned out too, I might add), watched Mansfield Park while eating chocolate cake and other assorted treats in our last day of class party, ran into a few friends I haven't seen in a while and actually had some time to spare to catch up. I was on a roll for sure, depositing my cheque and looking around the mall in one of my pre-Christmas shopping browse times.

It all came to a sudden halt as I was wiping off the car for the drive back. Another parking ticket. Yes, my second this week from the same bloody french woman piss-midget. I hate her with a passion. I wonder how people like that sleep at night. And this occurs after I found a 1863 penny lying on the floor and handed it in to the bank security in the chance that someone comes back to look for it. Yes, I did an act of kindness. Who knows, perhaps it isn't really worth that much but really, it would have been awesome to have had a coin minted before our country existed. The security guard didn't seem too much on the bright side but did say he'd have the bank hold onto it in case someone asks about it. If I had known that the stupid institution that decided to penalize its customers would descend on me once again I would probably have kept that coin just to show them. I know, childish but hey, I'm mad and really have no method of retaliation at this point (Oh, and I don't mean 'show them' as in 'hey guys, look at this' but in the belligerent manner).

No comments: