Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Molded

Last week (while I was absent) mold was discovered behind my bed. This may seem like a horrible thing and it did cause disruption, extra work & inconvenience, yet looking at it in retrospect I can see how several good things came from the incident.

First, casters were affixed to the bottom of my bed. This may not seem that exciting, yet it is something that has been on the long-term to do list for a long time. Not only does it raise the bed from the floor (it's a captain's bed) but it makes it much easier to change the sheets (a simple roll away from the wall and all sides are easily accessible).

Second, my room was cleaned thoroughly and vacuumed (need I comment further?)

Third, my room was rearranged. I tend to take after my Mom in that once furniture has found a place, I am not eager to move it again. Yet I enjoy new things and this move has made my room look like a whole new place to me (doesn't take much to make me happy!).

Interestingly, it often seems that emerging from times when we feel as though we are at our worst (mold isn't pretty!) we tend to advance/grow the most. If the mold hadn't been discovered, my room would have remained unchanged (for who knows how long) but because it was brought into the light, a thorough cleaning was necessary.

I only hope that I remember this lesson when God chooses to mould me by showing me my moldy parts.

No comments: