Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Plan Bs

I fixed my watch band this morning. The process was much more strung out and complicated than I had originally planned since several steps had to be added meaning that plan A quickly multiplied into many plan Bs (building and branching off one another).

I wonder now: had I known before I started the lengths I would have to go to fix my watch, would I have made the attempt or simply taken the 'easy' route and brought it to be fixed by someone else (or even purchased a new one)?

Having seen the job to a sucessful conclusion, I am pleased that I tried this task. But I am also thankful I didn't know before I started just how complicated it would be.

I think that often life works itself out in exactly this manner. Thinking of the future, I am glad that I don't know the obstacles set before me because I doubt I would set out if I had prior knowledge of them. But I can trust that I shall be given the strength to endure everything that comes up as it comes up, taking on one plan B at a time.

No comments: