Tuesday, October 04, 2011

bopping baby beluga boy

I wish I could post this picture as a video but we're working on that. For now you'll just have to picture the cutest little wiggle imaginable often accompanied by some soft humming. Almost any time he hears music now he starts wiggling in time to it. Because I repositioned the coffee table he now has much easier access to our stereo and it took him less than an hour to figure out how to turn it on and pump up the volume. The only way we can stop him from accidentally blasting the music later at night is to change the setting to one with no current input. I wonder how long it'll take him to figure out how to change it back. He will stand with his left hand holding the stand (after it has done it's job of pushing the power button) and his right hand on the volume dial and weave back and forth. The funniest is when his weaving causes him to turn the volume up and down and up and down as he goes back and forth. I can't get over how cute it is and I'm thrilled that he's showing such an interest in music (yay!). It's so awesome to watch (and participate to a certain extent in) how his personality is growing and emerging. Being musical myself I am so happy to see him show an interest but it makes me wonder how I would take it if he had no interest in music. I really don't want to be pushy and force my tastes or expectations but I have a feeling that will be harder not to do than it first seems. I think we're safe on the music front but we can only see how things work out in the future.

No comments: