Monday, October 03, 2011

It is finished...for now

Since last July I have been more or less continuously packing and moving or helping others pack and move. This weekend, however, saw the last possible opportunities to finish the final of the moves (they now no longer have possession of the old place so there's nothing more that can be done there). Also this Thursday Mom informed me that she was bringing over the last of the boxes from my old room so even that bit of unpacking and sorting is pretty much wrapped up. I'm super excited about all this being done for now (even though there will be a small move I'll be helping with after Christmas) but I keep having a foreboding that it isn't finished yet. It's too good to be true. I think it will sink in fairly soon. I definitely have something extra to celebrate this Thanksgiving. Even though I want out of this apartment I think I can wait a bit before we move. And I've determined that I will get things packed ahead of time so the actual move doesn't drag on forever. It's interesting to see the various ideas and lessons on how (or how not to) move that appeared from the varying circumstances of the different moves. I hope that I have truly learned from them and at least won't make the same mistakes. I know there'll be mistakes that I make too and difficulties but at least hopefully I'll avoid the larger ones. In any case, I am thrilled that it's done with for now!!

No comments: