Wednesday, June 13, 2007

After Math (there is life)

In the weeks following my return, more results of my trip and how it has changed/impacted me have appeared. For one, it wasn't until I returned to my home church that I realized how much I love being there and how much they feel more like family than friends to me. Another unlooked-for event is the request (over e-mail) from an acquaintance made over there for me to look for a job for him and invite him to Canada. Not going to happen. But I do see the reasons why he would want to come over here. We live in such privilege.

In other news, I'm really enjoying getting back to work! I know it's only the second day back but it is truly great to be paid to take out your frustrations with a sledghammer and a slab of concrete. I'm getting a great workout (and perhaps getting back into shape after a new low in that department on my return from the unhealthy-eating vacation), a tan (perhaps slightly farmer-ish but it's still a tan), and I really am working with two of the greatest guys you'll ever meet.
I'll let you know if my sentiments change after a month or two of this hard work.

And a segue-less change of gears: I've been thinking of purchasing a laptop. This has been an ongoing consideration for quite some time but especially now that I have so many pictures from my trip, I would love to have a place where I can actually share them with others... So my 'looking' status has taken on a more serious aspect and has been changed to 'inquiring' hopefully to be followed up with 'purchasing' in the not-so-distant future.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments: