Friday, June 08, 2007

the grindstone has a purpose

So I shall be starting work again in about nine hours from now. I'm really excited to get back to landscaping and into the groove of getting up early and working. No, I'm not crazy, I just enjoy the feeling of satisfaction of working hard and the result of a job well done. I also have been blessed by a wonderful work situation and boss. I know there are days that I would rather not get up and days that I would rather not have to leave the house but I know at those occasions (at least my little, annoyingly-postive voice in my head tells me) that I'll enjoy it once I get out there (usually!).

Another benefit that I am looking forward to with much anticipation is the getting-back-into-shape effect of hard work. After spending the better part of a year sitting at desks, reading and writing with only the occasional walk to count in the way of exercise and especially after the amount of food (and very fatty food at that) that I ate while away (everyone was very hospitable, especially when it came to serving food...), it's about time that I actually worked my body a bit.

So here goes, I am about to take the first real plunge back into life and responsibility. Wish me luck!

No comments: