Saturday, June 16, 2007

Sand and water

Ah, the beach.
Ah, summer.

I have a feeling that this one will be one of the more memorable summers. My job is great (have I mentioned that before?) and I hope to be able to connect with friends that I havn't had the time to keep up with other summers. Last night I went with some friends from school to the local park/beach and sat around and then ended up in a game of beach volleyball with a group of guys from Egypt. It was fun for the most part (some strange moments occurred but that's okay; everything worked out well).

I love summer evenings. Evening is my favourite time of day (just as autumn is my favourite time of year); I love the feeling of the day finally cooling off--the sun no longer beating but rather gently embracing those in it... Anyway, another thing that I enjoy about summer evenings is that they seem to like to linger. The day has tired them out so they hang around lazily in no hurry to leave. I enjoy being outdoors.

Sorry if this post seems worthless. I enjoyed writing my simple ode to summer and beaches and water and sand. They're wonderful.

No comments: